Wednesday, April 9, 2008

General Conference . . . .


Well the 178th annual General Conference was on Sunday and what a spirit. I just wanted to share my two cents on the meeting. I really enjoyed all of the talks (both on Saturday and Sunday). I liked the take on tithing by Elder Child in the Sunday Morning Session (I didn't get his first name) his comment was "tithing is the best investment". We have been learning about investing thru the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace classes and this made a lot of sense to me.


My favorite talk was, of course, Elder M. Russell Ballard on mothers. A different take this time then the last "infamous" talk on motherhood last conference. He he he. One of my favorite sayings from his talk was, "focus on doing it a little more, and getting it done a little less." Motherhood is truly a blessing, but who's to say that blessings don't come with challenges.

1 comment:

Rachel Hogge said...

Hi Ann. So I've been reading (stalking) your blog, but not very good about commenting. It's been fun to see what's going on. Your baby is beautiful. You've captioned some nice shots. Hopefully you're surviving mothering of 3. I'm sure I'll be there before I know it. Thanks for the updates!