Monday, October 6, 2008

Cow People . . .

So we are now the proud owners of a cow . . . well I suppose we have been "cow owners" for a couple months now. And I am not sure proud is the right word, but we are cow owners. And further more, we are really only owners of 1/4 of a cow :) Hubby's grandpa bought a cow this spring and we are purchasing a fourth of it for meat. We are really actually excited about it, as it has been grain fed and we know what is in it. It's our way of putting a little less antibiotics and crap in our kids, via our meat. So my question is which fourth is ours, he he he. (This is not the actual picture of OUR cow, his name was T-Bone and he actually went to Cow Heaven on Friday).
Photobucket

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Yeah, that is the best way to eat meat.... by knowing what is in the cow, it somehow makes it feel a little healthier. I hate store bought cow (meat). I love the post. Hey guess what I bought myself a camera. I am so excited about it.

Meagan said...

Oh, this is Meagan by the way, I forgot that I signed in under this name

The Todds said...

oh my gosh that is gross! Smart and Healthier I guess. I just dont like to think about where my meat really comes from!

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

Hooray for beef! ha ha My parents have bought 1/4 a cow the last few years and love it! The meat is great and like you said...you know what's in it!