Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More Peas Please . . .


Peas are the first solid thing we can get baby to eat.   We have tried everything (except we are trying to hold off the sweet stuff) and so far the only thing that she will do is actual peas mashed up, she will have NOTHING to do with the canned baby food.  She almost throws it up!  She needs something with a little bit of texture I suppose . . . . so we are down the road of homemade baby food.
We had her six month check-up today and she is doing well.  She now weighs 14 lbs 12 oz (18%, that's way better than the 4% from our last visit)  She is 25 inches and her head is growing well too!   :)  he he he, I always think that's a funny one.  Big Sister Princess had to take a stroll down to the fish tank with another nurse while baby got her shots because last time she cried harder than baby did.  She did NOT like the people hurting her sister!  This is funny, especially since she didn't even cry at her last shots.  She made a troubled faced and said, in her gruff little voice, "I okay mom!"  The nurses couldn't stop laughing.

8 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh my heck, she is getting so big. I cant believe she is already 6 months old, it goes WAY TOO FAST. She sure looks like Karen, that is what I think.

Miranda said...

With those huge eyes and tons of hair, she reminds me of one of those troll dolls - except she's adorable!

The Halls said...

I love babies covered in food! It is just so funny to me!

I made all my own baby food so if you need any tips...

The Todds said...

Looks like fun...were doing the same things around here! Not having a whole lot of luck with it either!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I still haven't seen her. I am glad we have blogs!!

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

Omigosh; she is darling. That picture is hilarious.

MINDY and JARIN said...

Looks like our house!!!! We haven't tried peas yet but he loves sweet potatoes and squash! We tried bananas the other day and I think he likes them a little too much so we don't do them a lot yet!!! I tried some chicken stuff and he gagged, it was so funny we threw it right out!!!

Garden Toads said...

Look at that sweet pea!!!!!
Too adorable. Love ya,
M&D