Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kid's Say the Darndest things . . . and classic grandpa.

First short story. Little Katie said to me today . . ."Mom can we keep Abby forever and EVER????" ha ha ha. Too Cute! (Of course I told her yes). Then we were at the gas station (filling up to finish mowing the lawn) when she said, "I want a kid, not a toy kid, a real kid". I said, "we have a kid . . . we have Abby" she said "no Abby is a baby . . . I want a kid." And lastly, we (well I) was watching the tale end of a tevo'd soap opera (horrible I know) when Katie walked in to see a couple kissing. She then said, "hey they are kissing and biting" ha ha ha. And because I laughed she decided to say more, "kissing and biting and knuckle and five" (knuckle is the thing you do when you put your hand in a fist and bump knuckles together with someone and five is . . . well, a high five). Apparently these are all ways of showing affection to another human being. (Minus the Biting Part!)

Second funny story.
I LOVE Cody's grandpa Don, but I tell you what he is a saver like I have never seen. He is known to keep things long after their "due" date and try to make something out of pretty much nothing (or other people's trash). So . . . with that being said. Onto the story . . . Cody and His Dad had been haulin' hay and stopped by to drop Grandpa off when he offered them to come in and have some cherry pie that he made "all by himself". Cody was weary but he followed his dad and enjoyed a semi-decent piece of cherry pie. Then his dad asked Grandpa, "so you really made it all by yourself, crust and everything?" This is when grandpa smiles and says, "do you wanna know where I got the crust?" (Cody is saying NO in his mind, but biting his tongue.) Grandpa continues to tell them that he went and bought a 99 cent pumpkin pie . . . and ATE the pumpkin out of it, then refilled the crust with cherry, to make this yummy pie, they had just enjoyed!!!! Oh MY! I love ya grandpa, that's classic!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Classic. I would have totally dry heaved after hearing I ate a reused pie crust. Where do "older" people come up with these ideas? Is it from their frugal days during the great depression? It makes you wonder.

Holly said...

Cherry pie!! I am going to laugh for a week. It is so something my Grandmother would do!! I love your little Katie girl! Will you get her a kid!

Teri Wadman said...

That is classic. When we were over there for Father's day we made sure that Marcene did the cooking of the pies!

Amber said...

those are awesome stories! too funny.

Meagan said...

Oh Boy, that is so Grandpa. He is so funny like that. Once we were at a football game and someone had left their pop can on the garbage, he picked it up and drank the rest of it, it was so DISGUSTING. As for Katie, that is so cute. Its so funny how they see the world. What a cutie...

Sheena said...

mmmm cherry pumpkin pie!! ;) That is too funny. Klint's mom is kind of the same way. I have a hard time eating her food. You just never know.